Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So, I’m back! And it only took me 10 months to post again. Sad, huh? Anyway, here is a snapshot into the past year – what I’ve been doing, why I’ve been MIA, and all that. Also, my goals for this blog.
Here goes…

1. Culinary School: I finished my Culinary Arts Degree from Johnson and Wales University at the end of May. I learned so much about cooking, the food world, how to operate a business in the culinary industry, recipe editing, etc etc, and I am so grateful for this experience! I’ll do a post devoted to this sometime soon.
2. Work: During school I worked at La-tea-da’s catering in Charlotte. I was the Pastry Cook, and also filled in where needed with other cooking. I helped set up and work events, such as corporate affairs, weddings, and so on.
3. Work 2: I had the opportunity to participate in a co-op (a paid internship) for Compass Group North America, doing testing, research, and development for a very large corporate foodservice company.
4. Church: Todd and I have become a part of Elevation Church, and have been so blessed by it. I volunteer, and we also lead a community group (small group/Bible study). I now have the privilege of leading the Event Team for church, and it is a blast! You should check it out:
http://www.elevationchurch.org/
5. New House: We have done a lot to our new house, and it often became the occupier of our free time.
6. Trying to be a better Wife: This is still a work in progress, but I have really begun to understand the importance of my role in this marriage. My husband is wonderful, and I want to serve him and be the best partner that I can!

Goals:
1. Post more on this blog.
2. Become better at food photography.
3. Cook as much as possible and share the recipes.
4. Help people with event planning and catering – build a small business of this.
5. Re-design the blog.

Looking forward to it! Pictures and recipes to come!

2 comments: